Opening your swimming pool signals the start of warm weather and relaxed attitudes. Whether you’re emerging from a long snowy winter or a quick brush with cooler temps, opening your pool can be a simple process.
You can always choose to have your Showcase Builder open or close your swimming pool. But if you’re the ambitious type, you can do it yourself. Here are a few tips.
- Remove leaves and debris from pool cover.
- Take off the cover, clean it and store it.
- Hook up pool pumps and filters, and reconnect all hoses and electrical connections.
- Remove leaves and debris from skimmers, filters, pumps and drains.
- Remove leaves and debris from the swimming pool.
- Fill pool water up to proper level.
- Turn on the filter pump and make sure all skimmers, bottom drains and filters are functioning properly.
- Vacuum up any remaining debris in the pool.
- After pool filter has been running 3-4 hours, test the water. Retest water to see if any adjustments have to be made.
- Once adjustments have been made, shock the pool following label directions.